The Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) is the official export credit agency of the United States. EXIM is an independent, self-sustaining Executive Branch agency with a mission of supporting American jobs by facilitating the export of U.S. goods and services. EXIM Bank has a limited regional staff and travel budget, and has designated the Alabama International Trade Center as its Regional Export Promotion Partner (REPP) in Alabama (formerly known as the City/State Program). This partnership allows EXIM Bank to leverage the Trade Center’s local market knowledge and ability to personally reach exporters, while allowing AITC to connect exporters to trade finance products and expertise specifically tailored to their needs.
When private sector lenders are unable or unwilling to provide financing, EXIM fills in the gap for American businesses by equipping them with the financing tools necessary to compete for global sales. In doing so, the Bank levels the playing field for U.S. goods and services going up against foreign competition in overseas markets, so that American companies can create more good-paying American jobs.
Because it is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States, EXIM assumes credit and country risks that the private sector is unable or unwilling to accept. The Bank’s charter requires that all transactions it authorizes demonstrate a reasonable assurance of repayment; the Bank consistently maintains a low default rate, and closely monitors credit and other risks in its portfolio.
ExIm Bank helps U.S. companies sustain and create jobs by financing U.S. exports.
Enter a new foreign market. Increase your sales in an existing one. Provide buyer financing. Improve your cash flow. You can do it and EXIM can assist. EXIM Bank is a federal government agency, not a private bank, chartered by Congress to promote the sale of U.S. exports.
EXIM products are designed to provide financial support and risk reduction. Importantly, EXIM assumes credit and country risks that the private sector is unable or unwilling to accept.
EXIM provides U.S. companies with Export Credit Insurance that protects against buyer nonpayment and extends credit too.
• Minimizes political and commercial risks of buyer nonpayment so exporters can enter new and riskier markets
• Extends credit terms, leading to increased sales with both new and existing customers
• Increases exporters’ borrowing capacity and improves cash flow
Term Financing is available for international buyers of U.S.“capital” goods or services.
• Eliminates political and commercial risks of buyer nonpayment so exporters can enter new and riskier markets
• Extends credit terms to customers at competitive rates
• Increases international competitiveness by offering financing support
EXIM offer Working Capital Guarantees enabling small- and medium-sized U.S. companies to obtain lender loans for the production of goods or services by exporters.
• Makes funds available to fulfill export sales orders
• Turns exporters’ inventory and accounts receivable into cash
• Offers expedited application turnaround
Would you like a free trade consultation to help increase your company’s international sales?