The Alabama International Trade Center presented a series of seminars throughout Alabama in 2010 that taught small businesses how to leverage their online presence to acquire international customers through internationalization, localization, and basic search engine optimization.
If you have questions about your website and would like a free analysis or overview, AITC would be glad to help. Contact us!
We’ve included the updated powerpoint presentations, as well as materials that provide additional answers to participant questions.
- Website Globalization (Presentation #1) (Please call or email for assistance.)
- Getting Found on the Web (Presentation #2) (Please call or email for assistance.)
- Internationalized Domain Names (Non- roman alphabet characters!)Example: http://президент.рф (Try it.)
- How to Select an SEO Firm: Ten Questions to Ask
- Chinese Search Engine EngagementA very insightful whitepaper on Google vs Baidu. (See Pg 29.)
- An Effective Video SEO Strategy in Three Phases
- Geolocation: Code from Google, The Science of Geolocation
- Easou.com surpasses Baidu in China for mobile search._
In case you missed it, participants learned:
• Simple, inexpensive modifications that will improve your website’s ability to attract and retain customers
• How to refine websites to specifically target international customers through website internationalization, regionalization and localization
• Best practices and techniques related to website translation
• Proactive promotion of websites overseas
• Leveraging internet tools to target foreign markets and track inquiries
• International eCommerce options, risks and foreign payment mechanisms
• Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips