Do you need advice or assistance regarding loan or grant options?
Contact one of our trade finance specialists today! There is no charge for this service.
Grants / Loans
- Alabama SBDC Network / Alabama International Trade Center: SBA Loans
Find information about getting financial assistance for a new or expanding business, including SBA and other government-backed loans, grants, and venture capital.
- Ex-Im Bank’s Environmental Exports Program
Ex-Im Bank’s financing helps mitigate risk for U.S. environmental companies and also offers competitive financing terms to international buyers for the purchase of U.S.-made environmental goods and services.
- Alabama Energy Division
Information about state programs and services that help promote energy efficient practices.
- Alabama Financial Incentives for Renewables and Energy Efficiency
Find state and local financial incentives that promote the implementation of renewable energy and energy efficiency upgrades.
Financing For Energy Saving Projects
- ENERGY STAR Resources : Financial Products and; Services
Find lenders in your state that provide loans to small businesses interested in making energy efficient upgrades.
- ENERGY STAR Buildings Upgrade Manual’s Financing Section (720KB)
Learn about the wide-range financing options available to businesses. Financing is available from small improvements to complete system upgrades.
- Alliance to Save Energy : Financing Energy Efficiency
- Browse a database of over 60 energy efficiency funds and programs operating throughout the world.
- Local Government Commission’s Funding Opportunities
Learn about federal, state and local financing and project assistance programs for improving the energy efficiency of buildings.
Financing For Development Energy Efficient Technologies
- U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s Financial Opportunities
Grant opportunities for businesses developing energy efficient technologies.
Financing For Technology Developers
- Energy TechNet
This core collection of information and resources is for anyone engaged in developing and commercializing advanced energy technologies.
- Environmental Technology Opportunities Portal
Information on government programs that help fund development of new environmental technologies and offers information on existing environmental technologies.
- National Center for Environmental Research
Information on funding opportunities for scientific research in the environmental sciences that will improve EPA’s scientific basis for decisions on national environmental issues.
Small Business Innovation Grants (SBIR)
A few federal programs provide grants to small firms engaged in scientific research and development (R&D). The federal government’s SBIR (Small Business Innovation Research) and STTR (Small Business Technology Transfer) programs award a specific percentage of federal R&D funds to qualified small businesses. SBIR/STTR programs encourage small firms to undertake scientific research that helps meet federal R&D objectives, and have high potential for commercialization if successful.
The following federal agencies award SBIR/STTR grants:
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Defense
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation
- Tax Incentives for Energy Efficiency ProjectsLearn how your business can financially benefit from energy efficient upgrades made to buildings, vehicles and equipment.
- Special Offers and Rebates from ENERGY STAR Partners
Learn about sales tax exemptions, credits, and rebates available on energy efficient products.
- ENERGY STAR Quantity Quotes
Find out how to buy energy efficient products in bulk.
- ENERGY STAR Brochure for Commercial Tax Deductions
Commercial Building Tax Deduction Coalition